(JULY 17) – The Beef Checkoff Program is currently recruiting 24 individuals to fill vacancies on the Cattlemen’s Beef Promotion and Research Board.
Vacancies for producer and importer member positions are available in Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Wisconsin, the Southwest Unit (California and Nevada).
The deadline for nominations is August 12, 2020. Any beef producer in the United States who owns cattle or any importer that imports cattle or beef may be nominated. Producers and importers must be nominated by a USDA certified producer organization and submit a completed application. USDA will select appointees from the nominated producers and importers.
USCA strongly encourages its members in the above states to seek out and apply for these vacancies. The Beef Checkoff Program operates best when producers are active and engaged. To apply, simply follow these steps:
- Identify the eligible certified organization in your state. Producers must be nominated by one of these certified organizations. View that list HERE.
- Complete the Advisory Committee or Research and Promotion Background Information form. Found HERE.
- Sign the Nominee’s Agreement to Serve form. Download HERE.
- Send complete package (background form, signed Conflict of Interest Statement, signed Agreement to Serve form) to your certified state organization with a note about your interest to serve on the Cattlemen’s Beef Board.
- Send us a note to let us know you are interested in applying! We’re happy to help where we can.
Interested in serving on USCA’s Checkoff Policy Committee? Send us an email and let us know you’d like to be added to the USCA Checkoff Policy Committee.